The Hotel Terminus was built in 1900 on the lakefront drive called the Lungo Lario di Levante, now the Lungo Lario Trieste, by the architect Italo Zanolini. Its name, Terminus, conserves its original function as the thermal spa of the nearby Grand Hotel Plinius. The structure also has the distinction of being built to celebrate the centennial of the first electric battery, invented by Como native Alessandro Volta. But it was in the 1940s that this beautiful hotel with its classic elegance and understated luxury, so typical of the Como aristocracy, became part of the Passera family, so to speak. And even if in recent times the hotel has been completely renovated, and the rooms are constantly ‘refreshed’ with ever more elegant and comfortable new furnishings, the magical atmosphere and style of those years remain perfectly intact.